On the 15 October 2022, the Portuguese KINDER research team will begin the training workshop “Gender, Equality and Citizenship: a focus on early childhood education” in Coimbra.
As part of the project’s objectives, this training course aims to provide teachers with the knowledge, skills and attitudes for a Gender-Responsive Pedagogy in Children Education.
KINDER training course’s main objectives are:
- to provide teachers with the knowledge, skills and attitudes for a gender-responsive pedagogy in kindergarten and basic schools at a national level;
- to promote attitude changes regarding gender stereotypes and sexism from an early age in and outside schools;
- to design and develop pedagogical materials for teachers and other educational agents on gender-sensitive pedagogy to promote gender equality and combat gender stereotypes;
- to promote individual behavioural changes concerning the prevalent transmission of gender stereotypes by educational professionals;
- thought the use of participatory methodologies, to develop tools that can be used in/ by schools.
The training curricula is based in the KINDER research and practice, as well as in other methodologies used in action-research by CES and Equimundo, and will address the urgency of developing effective and innovative training programmes for education professionals working with children working with children between the ages of 3-6 and 7-12 years old.
In Portugal, the Centre for Social Studies of the University of Coimbra and the Minerva – training centre of the association of schools are responsible for the KINDER training course. This activity is accredited by the Scientific and Pedagogical Council for Continuous Training.
More information available at: https://www.minerva.cfae.pt/